Vitamin C is one of the micronutrients that are most identified in the diet because it is known to many people that it is integrated in citrus fruits, such as lemon and orange. However, it is found in more foods. Its consumption helps the correct development and growth of the body, as well as to absorb iron. It is important to take care of the amount that is ingested daily because its excess could cause health problems.
“Free radicals are compounds or molecules that are formed when the body digests the food consumed and transform it into energy. You are also exposed to these when you are exposed to tobacco smoke and radiation. They cause aging and sometimes cause cancer or arthritis. Go for the 비타민c there.
According to the Medlineplus portal, vitamin C also helps increase iron absorption from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Hernández comments that by maintaining a diet high in vitamin C, cardiovascular diseases and some types of cancer, such as colon, lung or breast cancer, could be avoided.
- The Vitamin C is one of the most necessary micronutrients in our body, because it helps keep the immune system, helps absorb iron, promotes healing of wounds and is also a potent antioxidant, so, get it through food is great importance. Here are some tips to get more vitamin C and cover your daily quota.
The Perfect Use of Vitamin C
We need approximately 60 mg of vitamin C daily, although those who smoke, carry out intense physical activities or drink alcohol in excess, require greater amounts, so if you want to avoid its deficiency and guarantee that their needs are covered, we give you some tips for consume more ascorbic acid daily.
- Prepare your juices and salads just before consuming them, as vitamin C oxidizes easily and if you leave a salad that contains it in the refrigerator, you will lose a large part of this micronutrient.
- Cook the potatoes and sweet potatoes with their skin, in order to take advantage of their vitamin C content.
- Consume at least one serving of vegetables and one raw fruit a day, in this way you guarantee that the vitamin C contained in these is not lost during cooking but enters the body.
- Add a lemon juice to salads, in order to get an extra supply of vitamin C.
- Use chopped fresh bell pepper to flavor meats or as an ingredient in salads, this can significantly increase the amount of ascorbic acid you consume daily.
Add fresh fruits to milk or yogurt to get a little more of this valuable vitamin
It uses herbs such as parsley or coriander that have high amounts of vitamin C in their composition and that in small amounts can flavor dishes and add this micronutrient.