What To Eat from Three Weeks Before the Gastric Sleeve Surgery
You should focus on reducing the intake of calories, and especially carbohydrates. It is one of the significant contributors to calories.
Increase the intake of protein by 70 or more grams. The sufficient intake of protein includes lean ground beef, chicken, salmon, and eggs.
Doctors would suggest your intake healthy fats, including nuts, fish, and loves.
Drink an ample amount of water to keep yourself hydrated.Dehydration can give rise to various health complications.
Note: It is highly important to stop solid intakes before 2 to 3 days of your surgery. Before the surgery, you need to be on a completely liquid diet and drink no sodas for the rest of the days.
Can You Consume Medications?
The medication prohibition depends on the illnesses. Some of the medications need to be discontinued before the surgery. The medications, which needs to be stopped are:
– NSAIDs (Aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve, Motrin, Advil)
– Herbal medicines
– Anticoagulant medications
– Arthritis medications
What To Eat the Post the Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Week 1: After the surgery, you need to be on clear liquids for one week. You can drink clear beverages without caffeine.
- Week 2: For the second week, you need to start with thicker liquids, which might include sugar-free ice creams, pudding, yogurt, and protein shakes.
- Week 3: In the third week, you need to focus on soft and pureed food items. Eggs, beans, fish, cooked vegetables, and ground meats are the perfect example.
- Week 4: From week 4, you can eat solid food. These food items are similar to your pre-surgical diet. However, you still need to follow the guidelines given by the doctor and put restrictions on bread, fried foods, nuts, seeds, and dairy products.
There are various service providers for bariatric surgery in Tijuana. So, if you are planning to get one, you need to find an authorized clinic. You can use your internet to find the most reliable places based on experience, treatments, and patients’ feedback.