It is assumed that acupuncture has originated in China. It has been curing many illnesses for hundreds of years. The procedure is based on the idea that a human body consists of a meridian or channel from which QI or ‘life power’ is extracted. The use of acupuncture induces relaxation and vibrations that the body requires. It helps constructive energies to transcend the body issues. Small, but solid needles are used in acupuncture, which is deliberately implanted into the body. The insertion is performed by the needles to open the channels. The goal is to increase the Qi flow through the body so that blocked meridians can be released.
Different Types Of Acupuncture
Physiotherapy ajax discussed here a few types of acupuncture:
This is the sort of acupuncture that most people know. In separate areas of the body, small needles are inserted from the toes to the head. This therapy aims to cure multiple health problems.
Typically, needles get warped once they reach the body for this procedure. They also caused a mild power current. This causes an awkward feeling. Any practitioners believe that this feeling leads to recovery.
Fine needles are inserted into the ear for this treatment. It helps to treat addictions such as smoking and alcoholism. The therapy is considered to be very effective when paired with body acupuncture and treat barrenness in women.
Is Acupuncture Effective?
According to Stephen Janz and John McDonald’s 2017 ‘The Acupuncture Evidence Project: there are approximately 117 conditions where acupuncture impact is very apparent. The project tests 112 symptoms and acupuncture was used to relieve more than musculoskeletal discomfort. There were 8 conditions where favorable effects of acupuncture were seen.
Benefits for wellbeing
- Acupuncture alleviates chronic back pain, joints, and arthritis
- It is good for sleep disorders and insomnia
- Helps to treat drug addictions, alcoholism, and smoking
- It handles all health issues and problems holistically.
- Exemplifies declining energy levels due to stress, anxiety, or age
- It enhances immunity and improves the blood supply
- For people with frequent headaches and migraines, this is very helpful
Therapy Risks To Remember
- Any person with bleached skin or a bleeding condition may be at risk from acupuncture.
- Infections can be caused by unsterilized needles. The therapy center must disinfect, sterilize and ensure proper hygiene of the needles.
- The broken needle will result in internal organ damage.
- The needles will enter the lung when too deeply inserted in the upper back or chest.